This Linux Admin is responsible for the 24/7 support and maintenance of all components within the engineering services. The systems administrator installs and maintains hardware and software for all servers, assist employees with technical questions or systems problems, and interacts with users in a technical support role. This individual must be well organized and detail oriented, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and have excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Monitoring and Support
- Install server operating hardware, system software, front-end and back-end server components, and production application services according to defined requirements and data center operations standards.
- Install, configure and provision SAN storage.
- Develop and maintain documentation including server build docs, configuration standards, infrastructure architecture.
- LDAP Deployment and management (Machines, Users, OU)
- DNS (Internal and External) management
Performance & Capacity Management
- Participates in the implementation of monitoring systems for event monitoring, alerting, and metrics.
- Responds to incidents to avoid system outages or restore availability to meet service level objectives. Performs problem determination, problem resolution, and root cause analysis.
- Participates in on-call rotation for after-hours emergency support and maintenance of a 24x7 production environment.
- Participates in installing changes to server operating systems, server components and production application services as required according to change management practices.
- Participates in gathering relevant data to determine hardware capacity needs and make plans for capacity expansions in a proactive manner.
- Participates in development and configuration practices that ensure a high level of performance and optimizes capacity utilization.
- Provides requirements to the systems monitoring group for metrics, alerts and escalations.
- Serves as a point of escalation for performance problems that cannot be resolved by the support staff.
- Participates in researching new methods for enhancing performance and shares findings with the engineering team and the Engineering Leadership committee.
This position is classified as a Sensitive Position and requires an annual criminal background screening.
- Proficiency and skills with the following technologies are required: LAN/WAN, middleware, web publishing, monitoring and other technologies used in the engineering environment
- At least 2 years systems support experience in an IT environment
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Familiar with disaster recovery, backup and restoration procedures
- Familiar with VMWare/ESX, building servers in a virtual environment
- Familiar with SAN storage
- Familiar with installing and maintaining hardware; experience in configuring servers required
- Familiar with Apache web server, PHP, MySQL, VMWare, NFS, BIND, Sendmail SNMP, TFTP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with individuals of all levels internal and external to the organization
- Flexible to work overtime as required; some overnight work may be required
- Able to sit or stand for frequent periods in the same location with some opportunity to move about
- Able to stoop or lift material or equipment up to 50 pounds
RealPage - 20 months ago
RealPage touts its software as a real asset to real estate managers. The company's on-demand software platform is designed to make the...