WHAT ENTRANCE DOES |
Entrance software consultants solve real-world challenges for clients in energy and industry. We are not your software-out-of-the-box developers: in fact, our passion is thinking OUTSIDE the BOX. Our team takes the industry standard and finds new ways to make software faster, more efficient, and more elegant. Our engineers address changing industry needs as they occur, often in close collaboration with our clients. Meeting face to face with end-users, we can respond to needs much faster than off-the-shelf product teams. Accelerated teamwork and open communication is a huge part of our culture. Our experienced managers and team members practice dynamic agile delivery to create unique solutions for our clients.
- Provide advanced technical and business consulting both pre- and post-sale.
- Solve problems and create value for clients by developing, implementing and maintaining SharePoint application solutions.
- Analyze, design and develop SharePoint deployment, configuration, and customization projects.
- Design database architecture and server scripting; study and establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Data migration from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010
- Experience designing and implementing Governance Information Architecture in SharePoint Portals
- Demonstrate understanding of a scalability and enterprise system management
- Lead and facilitate information gathering sessions and provide functional documentation
- Maintain a high level of subject matter and technical expertise by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
We are looking for people with development or consulting backgrounds, preferably in multiple disciplines, but with at least 3-5 years of SharePoint experience implementing and customizing MOSS 2007 and/or 2010.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Bachelor°s degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a software development role.
- Experience in the analysis, design, implementation and support of large complex SharePoint implementations
- Experience in project cycle management (need assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to clients and senior level business technology decision makers.
- Technical Skills:
- Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.).
- Experience integrating SharePoint with third party systems and data sources.
- MOSS 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint Designer 2007/2010
- FAST Search
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0/7.0
- Active Directory
- .NET Framework 3.0/4.0
- C# 4.0+
- ASP.NET 4.0+
- Web user interface design
- HTTP and HTML
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008/2010
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Web Services and SOA
Open positions are full-time and direct hire roles. We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. Local candidates preferred as we are unable to offer relocation at this time. No third parties please.
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness plan, and life insurance.
- 100% company-paid coverage for single employees.
- For employees with families, up to $6,000 company-paid coverage per year to offset benefits premiums.
- 401(k) with company match up to 4% of salary, plus discretionary annual profit-sharing.
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Company-paid training towards certification and professional development.
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Business casual plus jeans work environment.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, smoothe machine, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!
Entrance - 22 months ago