" Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? |
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Responsible for staffing and training for Activities and Concierge Departments. Ensures staff is knowledgeable regarding property facilities and daily events.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
Managing Activities Team
Developing, Coordinating, and Managing Property Events
- Ensures staff is trained on all brand standard operating procedures.
- Administers and ensures employee adherence to corporate and local SOPs.
- Strives to meet the five goals of the property (e.g., guest satisfaction, profitability, sanitation, job safety, employee satisfaction).
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in all safety and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the brand's accident prevention policy.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of resort property, resort staff, and resort services including kitchen, food, beverage and controllable store rooms, golf, tennis, spa and front desk operations.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among different departments.
Managing Departmental Budgets
- Maintains most up-to-date knowledge of daily events and locations, property facilities and hours of operation, points of interest and directions to points of interest.
- Monitors and directs concierge, boats, Kids Klub, and guest experience.
- Creates, organizes and implements activities for all age ranges.
- Acts as a liaison between resort outlets/activities and guests, including dissemination of accurate information.
- Ensures clean, well stocked and organized work areas including concierge, hospitality desk, resort activities desk, information desk, resort activities office and front office storeroom.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Manages wages and controllable expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Monitors and controls all expenses with requisition sheets, purchase orders, purchase log, invoices, and C-7s.
- Manages the department's budget in the areas of man hours and wages.
- Reads and comprehends operating statements and budget worksheets.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
- Supports the development, training, and mentoring of employees.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
- Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
- Listens and responds to employee's needs.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
- Develops and manages hourly employees.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Determines guest's needs, and strives to meet these needs.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. "
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...