USA-DC: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-WASHINGTON
Remote Work Authorized
Jan 18, 2013, 10:34:04 AM
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
The Technical Writer will write and produce life-cycle documentation as well as analyze project plans and initial code to develop a writing plan. As the Tech Writer you will be responsible for Interviewing programmers, managers and marketers ensure that any literature meets the needs of the customer.
The Tech Writer will also create documents and add graphics, while testing the software to determine if instructions are correct. You will also be tasked with preparing online guides and ensure that the text is properly incorporated with the code for displaying the guides as well as working with engineers to document the various process and procedures utilized throughout the software development lifecycle.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and write training materials, manuals, brochures, and other technical pieces of literature.
- Edit documents for grammar and clarity.
- Develop technical content for a variety of users.
- Use technical content to resolve business communications issues.
- Write operating instructions, how-to-manuals, and assembly instructions.
- Develop documentation for computer programs.
- Set up communication systems with customers to assess level of satisfaction.
- Develop quality control processes.
- Work alongside engineers, administrators, computer specialists, and software developers to write process controls and functions.
- Manage flow of information within groups during development and testing.
- Write processes to improve quality of product support.
- Oversee the preparation of illustrations, photographs, diagrams, and charts.
- Translate complex concepts into easily understandable language.
- Assist with improving upon design of a product.
- Conduct research on topics through observations and discussions.
- Demonstrate understanding of subject matter.
- Work with graphic design, page layout, and multimedia software.
- Use technology on the Web to blend text, graphics, multidimensional images, and sound.
- Provides support in the development and execution of test cases.
- Experience with the following tools: Adobe Captivate; MS PowerPoint; MS Publisher; Snag-It
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years of technical writing experience
- Knowledge and experience with SEI CMMI or other process improvements methodologies
- Experience providing customer support to include troubleshooting issues with applications and account management.
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
- Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Experience working with company software products
- Strong communication skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC - 2 years ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...