HR and recruiting have been begging for innovation. That’s why Gild is here. Gild exists to bring meritocracy to the professional world by providing hiring solutions that illuminate who’s talented. Companies use Gild’s patent-pending hiring solutions to find and engage the best candidates out there. Unlike professional networks and job boards, Gild’s solutions tell companies how good different prospects are, and provide the social insights hiring teams need to engage prospects effectively. Launched in 2011, Gild is backed by Steve Anderson of Baseline Ventures, SAP Ventures, Globespan Capital Partners, investor Mark Kvamme and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Linux, AWS, Ubuntu, EC2, Ruby, Chef, Puppet
You will have a huge impact on the operations of our services as well as the enhancement of the existing platform. Gild is building a next generation social and mobile search engine that will change the world of recruiting forever.
• Configure and tune system and network parameters for optimum performance.
• Monitor system stability and performance.
• Help develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems.
• Ensure 24X7X365 operation.
• Rapidly scale systems to meet customer demand.
• Participate in architectural decisions.
• Write comprehensive documentation.
• Some familiarity with Amazon Web Services or other virtualization platform
• Proficient with Linux, experience with Ubuntu Server is a big plus
• Some experience with Nagios
• Solid understanding of networking basics (i.e., IPv4, reverse proxies, TCP/IP networking protocols, etc.)
• Experience with nginx, SSH, git & GNU tools.
• Understanding of software development processes like version control, continuous integration, continuous deployment
• Experience with Shell Scripting, Networks, Linux/Unix Systems Fundamentals, Ruby, Python, or Perl
• Energetic self-starter who shows personal initiative
• Good knowledge of English (oral and written) is required
• Competitive Salary
• Opportunity to work with committed, talented people with a great sense of humor
• Milan, Italy; occasional travel to SF is required (no more than three months a year).
Gild - 9 months ago
HR and recruiting have been begging for innovation. That's why Gild is here. Gild exists to bring meritocracy to the professional world by...