Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Turner’s Information system. Manages the operational environment to ensure that service level agreements are maintained at or above defined metrics. Ensures all standards of operations are maintained in conformance with established policy and procedure. Ensures that process, policy, and procedure are enforced. Develops and maintains up-to-date documentation describing the system and the components of the network. This position will also be responsible for end user support tickets and rotational support for weekend oversight of system uptime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Displays knowledge of technology in the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of backup systems
- Testing MS updates
- General system operations
- Strong with Microsoft Windows Active Directory and DNS
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Citrix
- LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Dell/EMC hardware
- IIS and Web Server installation and configuration including SSL technologies
- Install and maintain remote server operating systems and hardware
- QA and Install Microsoft Service packs
- QA software
- Familiarity with Load Balancers and Firewalls a plus
- Familiar with System monitoring tools
- Demonstrates knowledge of The Turner Construction Human Resource policy and procedures and the Equal Employment Opportunity policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information technology products and services that relate to the business needs of Turner Construction.
- Projects a positive image to others, setting an example for being a trustworthy and ethical business partner.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively operate in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ensures that the purpose and importance of the team mission are clarified and guides the setting of specific and measurable team goals and objectives.
- Ensures up-to-date documentation of the infrastructure is maintained and recorded accurately.
- Develops process for collecting, analyzing, and reporting of data to forecast capacity planning needs.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and implement information technology products and services that fulfill business needs.
- Assists in developing and enforcing Turner Construction and Technology Services policies, procedures, and standards relating to infrastructure systems, components, and services.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills and the ability to effectively work with all leadership levels
- Friendly, customer service orientation. Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Effectively manages personal time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Deals effectively with others in any antagonistic situation, and uses appropriate interpersonal style and methods to reduce tension or conflict between the parties.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and skills areas needed to accomplish a task or to solve a problem.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning, and regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities to assist others in continuous learning and personal growth.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Specialized Training/Skills: Windows Server, EMC, Dell Hardware
Please see above
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to move and navigate in small network closets. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment with occasional work at a construction job site building or trailer, where the employee is exposed to electrical components and there is a risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner Construction has been the mastermind for scores of head-turning projects for more than a century. The company that built Madison...