Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs over 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a User Interface Designer to join our KillerIT department in Centennial, CO.
This role reports to the KillerIT Development Head.
Designs and develops user interface experiences for KillerIT. Designer will work closely with our professional services team, software engineers to visually and creatively take product ideas to concept. Develop creative vision and overall look and feel for projects based on the design objectives, functional specs, and an iterative feedback process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design highly interactive user experiences in web-based and mobile-based analytical products. Work directly with developers to ensure designs are implemented as effective user experiences.
Develop UI mock-ups, storyboards, flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes.
Participates in usability testing, developing user experience standard and requirements.
Minimum and/or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in human-computer interaction (HCI)
- Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years experience in as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or user interface designer
- Experience in graphic design, web performance optimization, or writing accessible interfaces (508 compliance) a plus
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
- Experience with jQuery, Prototype, AJAX
- Fluency in best practices for web-based or mobile-based information architecture and design
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio
- Familiarity with the visual presentation of data is desired
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (LESS/SASS)
General Office Activities
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements
Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.