IT Administrator responsible for supporting a distributing Windows and Linux Engineering Computer Infrastructure. Day to day responsibilities include design and support of the IT infrastructure associated with the build tools. Responsible for maintaining servers, which includes new installs, upgrading, and rebuild of existing servers, as well as configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Duties also include installation of MS Security updates, Virus protection software, build tools upgrade/deployment. The person in this role will be responsible for developing/designing processes, standards, and integrating architected solutions into various environments as well as provide reporting on build server utilization and metrics to management. Other responsibilities include being part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Manage day to day tasks and provide 3rd tier support
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of SharePoint usage and wiki documentation required
- Able to work independently but also a strong team player
- Able to create professional documentation and reporting
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and team player
- 6+ years experience with IT systems technology, enterprise class environments, high-availability, hardware/software installation and configurations of Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, as well as UNIX/LINUX (Ubuntu, SUSE, RedHat) environments.
- Strong Windows/Linux troubleshooting skills, need to have experience with different Windows and UNIX/LINUX utilities.
- Requires extensive administrative knowledge with MySQL, MS SQL
- Requires extensive knowledge with Web Server IIS, Apache
- Requires understanding of fiber channel switches, SAN and NAS technologies.
- Requires experience with HP/Oracle/Cisco Enterprise level hardware and blade infrastructure
- Proficient scripting skills in Powershell, Perl, Python, vbscript, PHP, or shell
- Knowledge of Make scripting a plus
- Solid Troubleshooting skills of real time production environment along with deployment and support of newer systems
- Perform daily system monitoring and gather data/metrics for performance and data reporting trending
Qualcomm - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...