Financial Management Fellowship Program |
The two-year financial management fellowship at Yale New Haven Health System is a rigorous, highly accelerated, comprehensive leadership development program touching all major financial management areas within the Health System. Our financial management fellow spends Year One rotating among 10 different areas of Financial Services. The fast-paced rotations in Year One equip the fellow with the skills, knowledge and background to take on a more long-term leadership role during Year Two.
The fellow will work with System-level financial and administrative leadership, as well as with the leadership teams of individual delivery networks. By attending Executive and Director level meetings and contributing to various projects, the fellow will experience high-level discussions and decision making firsthand. Over the two years, the fellow will develop core competencies and skills through participation in value-adding projects and initiatives.
The fellow reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Corporate and Financial Services. The fellow will attend executive meetings and meet one-on-one with executives and directors within the System. While the duration of each rotation depends upon project scope and timeline, the fellow should expect to spend eight to nine weeks in each financial management area:
· In the office of the Executive Vice President, Corporate and Financial Services
· Greenwich Hospital Finance
· Financial Planning and Budgeting
· Bridgeport Hospital Finance
· Treasury / Cash Management
· Corporate Finance
· System Business Office and Managed Care
· Revenue Cycle / Reimbursement
With input from the Executive Vice President, Corporate and Financial Services, the fellow will co-develop a role concentrated on specific areas based on individual career goals and organizational needs.
Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field of study with financial or quantitative emphasis
Experience: Strong consideration given to applicants with relevant hospital and/or managed care experience
Qualities: Self-motivation; teamwork and service excellence; excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong financial and analytic skills; proven academic excellence; YNHHS values of excellence, compassion, integrity, fairness, cost-effective performance and leadership
The two-year YNHHS Administrative Fellowship begins in July:
· Visit: www.ynhhscareers.org and locate the “Financial Management Fellowship” position
· Complete the online application. Submit your resume and a personal statement using the fields found in the application. (Statement should include a description of career objectives and goals in seeking a financial management fellowship in a healthcare organization)
· In the “Attach a Document” section, please attach your 5-10 page original writing sample (that is not team-based)
If you advance beyond the first round of interviews, we will request a sample financial case study or business plan (team-based or individual), sealed official transcripts from your undergraduate and graduate programs, and three letters of recommendation, including one from your graduate faculty member . Mail these documents to:
Keith Tandler, Director of Finance, Corporate Finance Yale New Haven Health System
re: YNHHS Financial Management Fellowship Program
789 Howard Avenue – Medical Center South – Room 2035
New Haven, CT 06519
It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
Yale New Haven Health - 13 months ago