EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for an HVAC Technician in Washington, DC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The HVAC Technician is responsible for the operations, repairs, replacement and preventative maintenance of commercial air conditioning and heating systems, chillers and boilers, water treatment equipment, controls and other building mechanical and electrical equipment. The preferred candidate will be familiar with kitchen and refrigeration equipment and all refrigerants. The individual must be self-motivated and work with little supervision. Good communication skills; verbal and written are imperative, as one must be able to properly and completely fill out Government/EMCOR required Preventive Maintenance (PM) forms, job orders/work request forms, inventory forms and daily time sheets. The individual must maintain safe work practices in support of the OSHA Health and Safety and ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Compliance standards as it applies when performing the assigned duties.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to o5ur continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read, write and communicate in the English language.
- 5 years of experience in maintaining similar type and size commercial equipment, along with a Universal CFC certification
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and perform duties with minimal supervision in isolated areas.
- Knowledge and experience in the use and safe operation of basic cleaning tools,
- Valid Vehicle Operators license
- Ability to stand, sit or squat for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, move and carry material up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs ladders and work at extended heights.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). i.e. Dust mask, gloves, eye protection and hearing protection.
- Working knowledge of desktop computers and Internet based programs to perform required annual training.
- Ability to wear a company uniform and maintain a neat personal appearance
Emcor - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Electrical and mechanical construction is at the core of EMCOR Group. One of the world's largest specialty construction firms, EMCOR...