Jan 24, 2013, 12:51:45 AM
Feb 5, 2013, 7:59:59 AM
Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric utilities. We are an industry leader that is designing new and innovative ways to meet our customer’s needs. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of working on key industry changing projects. We need your good ideas and your contributions to remain a leader in this industry and to be effectively engaged in the communities that we serve.
The Manager of Workers’ Compensation is responsible for the strategic development, planning and management of SCE’s self-insured, self-administered program. The Manager oversees and participates in the organizational implementation of company policies and compliance with statutory and regulatory rules. This position provides general direction to the workers’ compensation management and is responsible for developing staff competency. The Manager provides consultative services to SCE’s business organizations and senior leadership in areas of workers’ compensation and OSHA Recordkeeping. Additionally, this position creates and maintains an environment conducive to the recruitment and retention of high quality staff. The successful candidate will report to SCE’s Senior Vice President and General Counsel, or his designee.
- Oversee the administration of SCE’s workers’ compensation program in a legally compliant, consistent, and unbiased manner, including the financial management responsibilities and accountability for the division.
- Direct the administration, development, and implementation of any new systems to support the company’s needs and objectives with respect to the division.
- Oversee and confirm the adequacy of revisions to SCE’s reserves applicable to workers’ compensation claims.
- Advise and consult with organizational senior leaders, managers and supervisors throughout the company on issues that relate to workers’ compensation benefits and OSHA Recordkeeping.
- Plan and direct the development of staff and direct reports.
- Review performance, provide educational opportunities, and facilitate the development of a staff possessing strong technical, subject matter, and service focused skills.
- May serve on state and national committees, task forces and/or work groups related to programs, initiatives, or projects concerning workers’ compensation.
- Attend as appropriate Law department management meetings and participate in the development and implementation of Department policies and initiatives.
- Support SCE’s values and company-wide goals, including with respect to diversity and inclusion.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified workers’ compensation self-insurance administrator, or ability to obtain certification through the state of California within twelve months of appointment to the position.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years progressively responsible experience in a workers’ compensation claims organization with risk management responsibilities.
- Strong business acumen and ability to contribute to business strategy and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to take risks and make independent decisions.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills including the ability to effectively coach leaders and potential leaders, build relationships and leverage resources within the function and across the organization to advance business strategy.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, administer and evaluate policies, practices and systems.
- Understanding of actuarial analysis and SOX controls and documentation.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of California state workers’ compensation laws and regulations.
- Experience managing a workers’ compensation program for a self-insured employer.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply laws and policies.
- Demonstrated success in driving difficult change in a highly complex organization to advance business strategy.
- Experience with change management, organizational design, talent and performance management, strategic and operational planning.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE: EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 4.9 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Edison International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
SCE provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation for this appointment.
An Edison International company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, serving more than 11 million...