Vibrant Company Seeking a New Communications and Marketing Genius
We aren’t your average company, and we aren’t looking for an average Director of Marketing and Communications.
Do you know how to connect with an audience through design? Can you craft a message that draws a potential client in and makes them take action? Are you a user interface genius? Do you love to find metrics and exceed them? Does the challenge of dealing with multiple audiences excite you? Can you manage a perfectly competent team of marketing managers without diminishing their project ownership? What do you know about SEO? Can you use Adobe CS? Are you the total package we are looking for?
We are hiring someone who can be visionary, yet isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and do the work necessary to drive growth through marketing and communications – someone with ideas AND skills. We are looking for someone who knows how to get work done fast, beautifully, and with a commitment to results.
We are a small, entrepreneurial-minded organization with more than 20 years of experience in the field of international education (study abroad). Our staff is fun and young (or at least young at heart) and dedicated to giving college students international opportunities which change the way they view the world, themselves, and their futures. It can sound a bit glamorous, but like any service industry, we are only as successful as our clients say we are. It’s a feel-good place that only succeeds through the hard, sometime tedious, work of our team. We are dynamic and constantly evolving, so if you thrive in a position that is challenging, variety-filled, and always changing, this might be the place for you.
For a standard company description as well as our mission and vision statement go to: www.globalinksabroad.org/about
If you want to make sure that your credentials match our expectations, here is a standard job description:
- Work with sales team and program managers to establish promotions for programs on a bi-annual basis.
- Creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace.
- Ongoing management of various websites and creation of a refreshed website design and functionality to better interface with interested clients and move them through the lead funnel to completion. Development of better analytical tools and SEO maximization.
- Management and growth of the company’s social media strategy.
- Oversight and development of publications – both hard copy and digital – for market distribution and sales team efforts including production and distribution.
- Responsible for the planning and budgeting for all Marketing and Communications efforts
- Managing a small team of marketing personnel, delivering regular coaching, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Control and direction of the projects with ample opportunity for creativity
- Ability to travel occasionally to major industry conferences to assess competition and participate with sales teams
- Great benefit plan including generous holiday/vacation, 401K contribution, partial health insurance, and more
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in marketing and communications including senior leadership
- Minimum 3 years supervising others
- BA/BS in marketing or related field or demonstrated experience and training
- Study abroad or other international experience desired
- Fluency in Adobe CS and other marketing/communications software programs
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experienced in developing and implementing communications strategy, process, and key messages that drive change.
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts, and practices
- Creative and innovative in all areas of marketing and communications
- Experienced with new media
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in an entrepreneurial environment
Reports to: Executive Director
How to Apply:
In order to earn an interview, you will need to provide us with more than the typical cover letter and resume. We want to see you in action and know that you not only fit our organization, but have the skills for which we are looking.
In addition to a resume and salary requirements, we need a few additional things from you.
1. Please provide a response to the following: Tell us what makes you the manager of people and projects that we want to hire.
2. Send us some examples of your own creative skills. You don’t have to send us everything on the list below, just a few highlights that you think give us a good idea of who you are and the kind of work you can do.
- Send us to your website.
- Share your blog with us.
- Point us to your twitter account.
- Show us some of the projects you’ve led that have made an impact (and tell us about the impact).
- Send us a video you have created.
- In 5 bullet points, tell us what how you would change on our website www.globalinksabroad.org
- Give us a keyword we can google and tell us which site is yours and how you got the search result we see.
- Send us a pdf of a publication you’ve created.
- Give us a description of who you think our audience is
Send it all by email to: Deborah Morrison at dmorrison(AT)globalinksabroad(DOT)org by January 27, 2013.