We are seeking a systems administrator to help install, configure, and support our internal development, quality assurance, and test systems.
You'll explore new versions of operating systems, provisioning systems, and HA packages, develop creative and clever solutions to meet development and testing needs, create utility and automation scripts, work with the latest models of vendor-supplied hardware for large system scalability testing, create/maintain/support Epic's internal and internet-facing systems, and improve monitoring of Epic's internal server environments.
Our internal server environment is comprised of a variety of mainstream UNIX systems (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris), Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS, SUSE), OpenVMS and Windows servers. We are heavy users of virtualization on AIX, HP-UX, VMware and Solaris.
As part of a relatively small team, you'll have the opportunity to help evaluate technology and influence changes in Epic's internal infrastructure.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or several years relevant work experience
- A history of academic and professional success
- Proficiency with one or more UNIX operating systems (e.g. AIX, HP-UX, Solaris) or Linux, VMware ESXi/vSphere and Windows is helpful
- Relocation to the Madison, WI area is required and covered
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
Epic Careers - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard