Line of Service: Advisory |
Industry: Products & Services
State & City: CA-San Francisco
Travel Requirements: 61-80%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 36652BR-0
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 169,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world's second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world's largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
Across industries, our clients are focused on improving business performance, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from transactions. Our growing Products & Services Industries practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help a diverse set of clients around the world anticipate and address their most complex business challenges. Products & Services Industries includes multiple sectors: Automotive, Energy, Entertainment, Media & Communications, Industrial Products, Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Technology, and Utilities.
Our People & Change consultants help clients optimize their people strategy. This high performing team helps clients with human resources strategy, program delivery as well as develop the right organizational design. Additionally, they focus on driving change in leadership and culture, workforce planning and performance, and human resource operations and technologies -- leveraging change management and communications, capability development and training. ??
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and a proven success record of structuring and leading complex human capital change management programs, including an extensive knowledge of people-related competencies and academic background such as psychology, human factors, applied cognition:
- Assessment of change readiness, leadership alignment, and organizational impact
- Change vision and strategy
- Organizational design
- Training strategies, and curricula and course development
- Cultural transformation plans
- Stakeholder management and communications to obtain awareness, understanding, buy-in, and support
Masters of Business Administration or Masters Degree in Organizational Development or Human Resource Management preferred.
Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) preferred
Demonstrates an extensive proven track record of success leading medium to large project engagements in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, including leveraging MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word to accomplish the following:
- Defining project workflows, managing resources, prioritizing responsibilities and tasks in order to deliver quality and timely results
- Proactively engaging with clients to identify challenges, recommend solutions and manage expectations
- Demonstrating active listening skills to gain understanding of key customer and market issues
- Designing appropriate analysis for diagnostics and implementation, analyzing and interpreting ambiguous and complex information and relationships
- Clearly articulating PwC????????s value-propositions and preparing final drafts of major deliverables assuring quality control
- Anticipating client needs, recognizing and acting on opportunities to enhance client service and expand the scope of engagement
- Assisting in financial administration of engagements such as budgets, billing, and collections
- Leveraging the firm's benchmark data in new business development, diagnostic, and implementation situations, and consistently contributing relevant materials to build the firm's intellectual property.
Demonstrates an extensive proven track-record of success as a team leader with demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and motivate team members:
- Promoting a collaborative work environment by providing a strategic and balanced oversight, proactively sharing insights, knowledge and experience
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management or Business Administration required.
Travel requirements: 80%-100%
HireDiversity.com - 19 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...