As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Exciting Opportunity for a Security Engineer who possess 2 years of security engineering experience working in a non-management technical role to integrate COTS products. Familiar with Linux/Unix environments and proficient in Windows platforms.
As the security engineer on this project you will be responsible for the following:
1) Gathering the requirements within the SIEM
2) Utilize ArcSight to complete various task such as but not limited to:
- Perform installation, configuration, and technical administration of ArcSight product components, to include: ArcSight ESM
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Determine how best to leverage ArcSight ESM (and associated products) to meet the strategic goals by defining "use cases"
- Integrate data and event feeds with ArcSight SIEM.
- Develop modules on ArcSight platforms that address the latest security scenarios, threats, and regulatory compliance Issues
- Research and develop content for ArcSight Solution Packages, including correlation rules, dashboards, reports, visualizations, etc.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration
Travel < 25% of time
- Experience with one or more of the following: ArcSight, HP OpenView, Tivoli, CA, BMC, etc.
- Relevant certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, SANS, CISSP, etc.
- Experienced in large scale network security design, deployment and support
- Hands on experience in installing, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies such as firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion prevention/detection (IDS/IPS), antivirus, antimalware, anti-spam and unified threat management (UTM).
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...