SAVA Solutions is committed to being a world-class provider of trusted security solutions and services. We believe a company's culture is its shared values and the actions of its employees. It's not enough to talk about our values; we have to live them every day. That's why we strive to achieve technical excellence, build lasting relationships, make a difference, and have fun! We hire employees who are passionate about what they do, and we promote a culture of integrity and hard work. At the end of the day, SAVA employees know they have made a difference through significant contributions to our National Security. We commit to providing our employees an environment where each person is appreciated, trusted and encouraged to grow professionally.
Seeking an experienced Windows and
Linux System Engineer with strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
This position requires an engineer with
expertise in large operational environments with the ability to quickly and
efficiently troubleshoot, identify, and resolve technical issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Daily operational support of a global complex IT enterprise.
Serve as highest escalation point (Tier 3) for Operations system
system faults, reviewing diagnostic tests and troubleshooting Windows and Linux
operating systems and underlying hardware to identify problems.
Troubleshoot server, workstation, and application issues including
Participate in integrated project teams and provide feedback
and/or recommendations for Enterprise IT projects.
Provide emergency after hours support as the
Tier 3 on call support engineer in rotation with other Tier 3 team members
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 8 years of operational support experience focused on supporting large-scale Windows based environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills including documentation of processes of procedures
- Expert in Active Directory administration and troubleshooting (2003 and 2008 forest and domain functionality levels)
- Expert in Windows Server 2003/2008 administration (clustering, file server, print server, DHCP, DNS)
- Extensive experience administering Group Policy Objects and troubleshooting processing of GPO settings
- Understanding of network technologies and basic configuration of Cisco network devices
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a team, but also work independently and apply sound judgment as needed
- Effective time management skills with respect to deadlines, priority changes and interruptions
- Proven success in supporting customer facing environments
- Expert knowledge of Exchange 2010 and Windows Server 2003/2008
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Experience with HP and Dell server hardware
- EMC SAN experience
- Virtualization experience (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Familiarity with the following technologies: NAS, SCOM/SCCM, Lync 2010, SQL Server, Backup Exec 2010, HP iLO, DRAC
Candidate must be able to function in general office environment.
SAVA Workforce Solutions reserve the right to edit, revise or change this job description. Nothing in the contents of this job description implies an employment contract with the incumbent.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SAVA Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance?
For us to stay compliant with
government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO
NOT email resumes in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or
mental disability and need assistance.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance in applying for employment or need special accommodations to use our website or to apply for a position please contact, Ginny Glasco, Manager, Recruiting Services, Virginia.email@example.com, (703) 766-6259. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
NANA Development Corporation - 23 months ago
SavaSeniorCare has a flair for elder care. The privately held company operates about 190 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities...