The customer service coordinator reports directly to the local circulation sales manager. The customer service coordinator ensures the timely processing of all subscription orders received, ensures subscriber and retail billing/ and account maintenance functions are completed and accurate; handles all communications and functions pertaining to subscriber and retail customer service, retention and sales support. The key responsibility of the customer service coordinator is to ensure that all customer service functions performed by any third-party vendor are reviewed and monitored for accuracy. The coordinator is professional with great people skills, dependable with a strong work ethic, and able to make decisions based on sound judgment.
- Assist customer service representatives by answering phones as needed and covering open representatives shifts.
- Ensure new start orders are started in an efficient manner and assist with new start pending tracking, reporting discrepancies for immediate resolution.
- Assist with tracking and maintaining records of all chargebacks and provide weekly to circulation sales manager.
- Assist with any and all other customer service duties as needed.
- Monitor Chatterbox system and report problems promptly.
- Track and report productivity for customer service, including statistics on third-party vendors.
- Process day-end reports.
- Process and complete advance runs.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work weekends and Holidays.
Education & Experience/Certifications
Skills & Abilities
- BS/BA degree in management or related field preferred.
- Must have 2 - 5 years experience including prior supervisory experience.
- Strong ability to work with the public, preferably over the phone.
- Strong computer skills, good telephone voice and etiquette.
- Clerical experienceÃ¹typing and answering telephone.
- Ability to type 35 wpm and take accurate information over the telephone and work effectively with people.
The E. W. Scripps Company (Scripps) is a diverse media company with interests in newspaper publishing, television and licensing and...