The Company : DRS Technologies, A Finmeccanica Company, provides leading edge products and services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Focused on defense electronics, we develop and manufacture a broad range of mission critical systems and components in the areas of communications, combat systems, battlefield digitization, electro-optics, power systems, data storage, digital imaging, flight safety and space. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com
Our Company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing defence technology companies in the world. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for timely and accurate billing to customer and related parties. Responsible for payment processing of employee credit card and expense claims .
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
Expense Claim Processing
- Generates invoices from the shipping document status report
- Calculates monthly progress billings and generates invoices
- Ensures all invoices are approved and then distributed to the appropriate customer and individuals within the company
- Enters invoices into the sales journal for end-of-month close
- Posts sales journal to the general ledger each month end
- Maintains progress billings report and distributes to individuals within the company
- Enters monthly f/x rates into the sales journal
- Performs monthly filing
- Gathers employee business expense claims and checks for accuracy and legitimacy
- Enters expense claims into PRO III accounts payable system
- Addresses any issues with claims in a timely fashion
- Gathers employee AMEX bills and checks for accuracy and legitimacy
- Ensures all backup documentation has been provided by the cardholder
- Addresses any card issues in a timely fashion
- Issues weekly cheque runs in relation to AMEX and employee expense claims
- Matches vouchered AMEX bills and employee expense claims to the cheques as part of the payment process
- Runs accounts payable and disbursement reports/updates on a periodic basis
- Submits cheques and backup for approvals then distributes cheques to appropriate people
- Maintains filing related to employee claims and AMEX payments
- Reconciles the AMEX airline billing account on a monthly basis
- Provides backup to accounts payable clerk.
- Matches invoices to documentation received
- Vouchers invoices to the PRO III accounts payable system
- Issues weekly cheque runs and matches vouchered invoices to cheques
- Runs accounts payable reports
- Responds to vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Other assigned projects, when required.
- Addressing any discrepancies with the appropriate persons.
- Emphasis is required on accuracy and speed of input.
- A series of reports are run to update the ledger.
- Use of Pro III system and/or MS Access to retrieve the information that has been requested.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to learn other functions to help support other areas within the Finance function.
- Understanding of how the A/P module of Pro III interfaces with the remaining modules so that system integrity is maintained.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to prioritize and meet work schedules
- Time management skills
- Team Player
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer service oriented and ability to deal with difficult customers
- Detail oriented
The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for U.S. International Traffic
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an accounts receivable/payable function
- College diploma with a focus in accounting is desired
- Basic accounting principles and methodologies
- Basic financial analytical skills are required
- Experience with integrated MRP accounting software is an asset, specifically MRP II
in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and
Canadian security clearance to secret.
DRS Technologies, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A., is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to...