Travel Counselor 1 - TINS-1214799
What is it that differentiates an exceptional travel planning experience from a bad one? At American Express Travel, we believe it’s the people.
The American Express Consumer Travel Network (CTN) is actively seeking Travel Counselors that can combine their passion for selling travel with a customer service-focused approach. We strive to create life-long advocates of our company, while offering unlimited earning potential to our sales force. Our Counselors act as consultants, tailoring our products and services to create a unique and memorable vacation experience.
Successful candidates are responsible for servicing inbound calls and providing exceptional delivery of travel services to American Express Consumer Travel Network (CTN) Cardmembers in a call center environment. Excellent customer service orientation is required as Travel Counselor’s are responsible for providing quality service, timely and accurate completion of travel arrangements and the sale of value added services. Expertise is required in international and domestic reservations, with a key focus on destination, air, car, & hotel knowledge.
We believe our customer’s vacation begins from the moment they call. We want extraordinary Travel Counselors to meet those expectations – and then surpass them – by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
Are you extraordinary? If so, please apply online today.
To learn more, click on www.americanexpress.com/traveljobs
BENEFITS - (Based on individual elections)
- Competitive Salary and outstanding recognition programs
- Incentive bonus awards
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Day 1)
- Generous Vacation and Vacation Purchase Plan;
- 401(k) WITH company match of up to 5% after one year;
- Ongoing education and paid training programs, tuition assistance, and luxury Familiarization trips
- Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance;
- Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement programs;
- Domestic Partner Benefits.
Our Travel Counselors must have a passion for service, the ability to show empathy and a deep love for unique travel experiences. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- A minimum of 1 year recent experience selling leisure travel required.
- Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge is a MUST, with a focus on air; car and hotel are key areas of required expertise. Cruise and tour experience is a plus.
- Strong personal travel experience, preferred.
- Computer reservations experience required, SABRE is preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong consultative selling skills and show the ability to listen to the customer’s needs by offering appropriate recommendations. Must have a proven ability to close the sale and cross-sell additional products and services.
- Exceptional communication skills are required. Candidates must show the customer value at every touch point – either on the phone, via e-mail or in person.
- The ability to work well under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with customers is essential.
- Decisive and successful problem solving skills and the ability to use the Internet effectively is necessary.
Primary Location: US-Hawaii-Honolulu
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...