Provides professional nursing skills in a defined outpatient clinic setting. Provides patient care activities to patients of diverse ages as assigned. Supports patient and family needs.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and assess emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
- Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payor regulations by functioning within those guidelines.
- Acts to facilitate interdisciplinary communication. Utilizes other members of the health care team in assessing the patient and analyzes patient data. Assesses learning needs of the patient and significant others. Gives accurate and complete information to patient and family.
- Evaluates patient and family understanding of treatment plan and/or instructions.
- Assists with a variety of procedures, exams and/or operation of diagnostic equipment as assigned (i.e. colposcopy, endoscopy, tympanometry, treadmills, etc.).
- Maintains appropriate aseptic technique for preparation, procedures and medications administered.
- Accurately and legibly documents all patient interactions in patient record
- Reports results and pertinent information to patients and health care team members.
- Applies professional nursing skills in the provision of preventive health maintenance and treatment of ill and injured patients utilizing the four aspects of the nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Function within limitations or scope of RN license.
- Proficient in IV skills and IV hydration.
Work includes cross coverage in other clinic areas as team needs.
Maintains supply inventory and stocks supplies in various work areas.
Responsible for following equipment maintenance protocol, identifying problems, and coordinating appropriate repairs.
Operates various office machines (i.e. fax, copier, phone and computer).
Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.
Maintains orderly, neat appearance of work area.
Misc. office duties (i.e. copying, filing, retrieval of films/medical records)
Functions as a charge/resource nurse for a designated shift as requested
- Assists with nursing chart audits.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Possession of a current RN License issued by the State of Iowa
Clinic/Physician office experience preferred.
Obtain Mandatory Reporting Certificate within 90 days of hire date.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Clinic & Medical Office
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 2 years ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...