Assists in supervising and coordinating activities of personnel for Peri Operative services. Ensures adherence to procedure and schedule. May oversee pre- and post-operative care of patients. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications : Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN required or enrolled in a BSN program with completion by December 2014. Minimum of 3 years experience as a charge nurse required. PACU experience required. Licensure in the State of Idaho as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN). BLS required from American Red Cross, AHA Health Saver or Healthcare Provider Card from the American Heart Association.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
- On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy stretchers and other equipment.
- Read charts, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Kootenai Health - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard