If you are looking for a great job in education, Human Services, or Psychology, look here! |
Consider joining our team and truly making a difference!
We are currently hiring for a Counselor / NeuroCognitive Specialist position.
Do you like teaching others? Do you want to be a part of a multidisciplinary team working to help individuals reach independence? Do you want to lead and learn from others? Join us! Are you a compassionate, patient, flexible, multi-tasker? Well, we might just be a match!
Main Line Rehabilitation Associates is a leading provider of true home and community based services. Services are provided in each consumer's home, school, workplace, and/or community
. Our Staff work one-on-one with consumers who have neurological diagnosis or cognitive disabilities such as brain injury, cerebral palsy, stroke, or autism spectrum disorder. Our services are part of the rehabilitation continuum for individuals recovering from injury or disability. Main Line Rehabilitation Associates offers an attractive benefits package for full time employees, which includes state of the art health care coverage, participation in a retirement plan, partial tuition reimbursement, 15 days of paid time off, and 7 holidays. Other fringe benefits include annual bonuses, a management training program, continuing education certification programs, and employee referral bonuses.
All employees reap the benefits of working for a growing business with over 26 years of organizational progress and stability. As a member of our team, you will represent over 26 years of longstanding traditions of services excellence.
The primary role of the Counselor/ Neurocognitive Specialist is to assist consumers with developing various skills in order to be as independent as possible in their home and community. Because every consumer receives individualized services based on their special needs, each day is a unique and interesting challenge. The Neurocognitive Specialist works with 1 - 3 consumers a day for 3+ hours each, depending on the consumers needs. The Neurocognitive Specialist might work on any of the following areas with their consumers:
• Developing compensatory memory strategies and systems
• Assistance with budgeting and bill paying
• Planning and scheduling appointments
• Developing consistent problem solving skills for everyday problems
• Assisting with initiation and follow through of activities
• Vocational readiness, whether volunteering or mock interviews
• Study skills and academic organization
• Social recreation skills and interacting successfully with others
• Effective communication
• Accessing the community safely
• Developing natural supports and providing family and community education
We provide skill building services which leads to increased independence, improved quality of life, solid natural supports, and sound mental health.
A qualified individual should possess:
• Bachelor's degree in psychology or other human services field
• Experience working with individuals with disabilities
• A reliable car, valid license, and responsible driving record
• The ability to work a flexible schedule
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Creativity, initiative, flexibility and time management skills
• The ability to work well with a team
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR PART TIME POSITION IN:
Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago