The Software Engineer is responsible for implementing new and innovative features to the successful line of data protection products from Double-Take. As a member of the Engine team, the focus is on the data mirroring and replication service that is at the core of the Double-Take product offerings.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to identify product and feature requirements
- Estimate effort for implementing a design while calling out any identified risks
- Develop solutions to fulfill designs with a high standard of quality and ease of maintainability
- Review solutions with other developers and participate in their code reviews
- Test the solution prior to delivery with a focus on unit testing and automated testing
- Work with testers as needed during validation of the solution
- Demonstrate functionality at the end of a sprint cycle to project stakeholders
- Debug and troubleshoot product defects
- Work in sprints alongside other developers and testers as part of a small team
- Provide status on efforts to team members and the Project Manager
- Respond to changing circumstances and priorities while minimizing disruption to productivity
- Work with manager to identify needed learning opportunities for growth
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years experience with multi-threaded programming in C++
- Working knowledge and experience with Win32 APIs
- Strong problem solving skills in complex multi-threaded environments
- Ability and willingness to find the simpler solution to complex problems
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Solid understanding of software development, including:
- Fluency in programming languages and software development processes.
- Knowledge of common design patterns.
- Ability to apply platform-specific guidelines and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the quality of work and product
- Experience with Windows file systems is preferred
- Experience developing distributed applications is preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Vision Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not and will not discriminate on the
basis of race, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected category. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purpose.
Vision Solutions - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard