US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Seeking Cyber Software Engineer ............great opportunity in McLean, VA!
Do you have an analytical mind towards information security and the desire to make the world a safer place? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be manipulated for nefarious purposes? Do you like exploring and testing out new technologies and applying them to solve real world problems? If so then look to join the Northrop Grumman team as a Software Engineer in support of a Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) team protecting a large Federal Government network.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working in a high volume, dynamic data management/data warehousing software development environment.
US Citizenship and a current active DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher are required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical major
- Minimum of 5 years as a Software Engineer with demonstrated development, requirements, design, and systems support experience
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated programming experience using C/C++ or Java, and scripting using Perl, PHP, and/or Python
- Experience with relational databases (such as MySQL, Oracle, and/or SQLSever) and proficient using SQL
- Proficient using Linux/Unix development environments (such as Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, etc.), including shell scripting (e.g. Bash)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Experience developing software for large scale text processing/searching is highly desired
- Experience applying advanced regular expressions to parse/data mine text data is highly desired
- Experience creating and maintaining applications in a variety of programming and scripting languages is highly desired
- Knowledge/experience with large scale data management tools, such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, and/or MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, and network programming is a plus
- Working well with minimal supervision
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 21 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...