The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) seeks a Database Administrator (DBA) to be part of our IT team. The MAA's mission is "to advance mathematics, especially at the collegiate level." The central role that mathematics plays in our technology-driven society, coupled with ongoing efforts to sustain MAA's vital role in the mathematical sciences as we approach our centennial in 2015, makes this an exciting time to become part of our team.
The DBA works with the Manager of Information Technology to ensure that the databases are operating optimally. The DBA will be responsible for maintaining all production and test databases (Personify, SQL Server 2008 R2 and MySQL). Additionally, the DBA will maintain, tune, back up, recover, extract data, write reports, and create interfaces.
The DBA will also be a key figure in business intelligence analysis to assess trends, projections and conduct SWOT analysis with regard to the association's performance and industry standing. DBA business intelligence responsibilities will include creating data marts, ETL, dashboards and reports using SAP Business Objects and Tableau.
The successful candidate will have
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in database management and business intelligence
- Strong communication skills to work with executive level, operational staff and vendors
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server, relational database design, data modeling, performance tuning, indexing and scripting
- Knowledge of SQL, stored procedures, Business Objects and Tableau
- Basic HTML and XML knowledge
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN's) and virtualization.
idealist.org - 10 months ago