Penske Logistics is looking for materials coordinators to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are self-motivated, with strong analytical and computer skills, customer-centric, and safety conscious. This position coordinates all processes and functions of a department. Provides visibility to management by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and trouble shooting operational issues or functions.
Job requirements may include:
- Provides direction when discrepancies are found
- Use computer to enter records and monitor inbound shipments
- Monitor inventory levels to support production
- Communicate with associates from other shifts
- Complete daily logs
- Work with customer to resolve stock shortages
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Track shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met.
- Work with suppliers to correct part/shipment issues
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
- 2-3 years experience monitoring inventory preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent necessary
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, team player, flexibility required, verbal & written communication skills, excellent with numbers and time management, strong problem solving skills required
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
- Must also be able to learn and regularly operate multiple company and customer owned Warehouse Management System (WMS) platforms.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fern Valley Rd and
Fern Valley Rd and
Penske (Oracle) Job Name
Penske - 14 months ago
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading...