Provide services to perform document automation and production, and customer service support functions for Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Document Services (DLA-DS), Midwest Office Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare documents for scanning by separating document types including separation of multiple-page from single-page documents; ensure documents are facing the same direction; sort out documents in poor condition (torn, ragged, poor print quality). Break down documents into batches of 30 to 40 similar documents; place batches of original source documents into the Electronic Document Management Service (EDMS) scanner hopper and initiate scanning by interacting with the EDMS scanning software. Perform Optical Character Reader (OCR) verification for correct indexing and also perform manual indexing as required, according to EDMS business rules. Manage database servers, reboot servers after system crashes, place calls to manufacturers’ help desks for assistance, and run system diagnostics.
- Maintain Internet connectivity with the EDMS Central Repository in order to resolve any document file issues resulting from the Central Repository’s QA process. Work with the online images in the particular QA queue, opening and reviewing each image and determine if the images/indices are acceptable, making changes as necessary.
- Set up and ensure all equipment and devices are ready for operation. Enter prescribed commands through the terminal to activate the operating system. Enter document files electronically through optical scanners, graphics scanners, floppy disks, and network connections. Scan textual material on the screen to ensure all processing commands have been translated. Enter or change codes and other information as required. Code input and output formats of document or form to be produced. Control processing and output of material produced.
- Input commands into a computer system to initiative processes which convert data streams into formatted documents in OCR format. Use the digital scanner to convert hardcopy materials to digital files. Store digital files in a database server for further processing. Interact with the scanning software to indicate that the scanning batch is completed, and keep a record of the batch number displays.
- While equipment is operating, interpret system diagnostic messages and take appropriate action. Perform daily/weekly maintenance functions according to operator manuals and established procedures. Correct equipment operating problems not involving systems programming or mechanical/electrical faults.
- Maintain records of work completed, and record production units for billing. Notify cognizant customer activity representatives of job completion. Upon request, return one copy of finished product to cognizant customer activity representatives for examination. Submit production reports as scheduled or upon request.
- Experience with setup, operation, adjustment, and routine maintenance of automated publishing equipment including scanners, terminals, previewers, and printers in order to manipulate digitized documents and forms, enter format changes, and merge text and graphics
- Knowledge of prescribed commands, codes, and basic composition principles and techniques to create documents according to specification requirements
- Knowledge of equipment operations for startup and rebooting systems, and entering equipment commands to create output in a variety of media
- Knowledge of prescribed minor and routine equipment maintenance requirements
- Knowledge of basic database structure and functions
- Ability to validate data generated by production and to ensure output is accurate and complete, including such database elements as tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and code modules
- Ability to generate a variety of queries and other tools which can be used to organize data.
- Knowledge of record keeping requirements for recording production units for production and billing purposes
- Knowledge of the computer network used to complete the production processes for EDMS, including how data and images are routed through the network during production
- Eight (8) months of experience related to DLA-DS document automation programs and electronic scanning and digital archiving projects
- Public Trustworthiness
Monster - 14 months ago