Job ID: PT_5525
Job Title: Security Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA - 02116
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 Months
Experience should include security policy development, security education, network penetration testing, application vulnerability assessments, risk analysis and compliance testing. Certifications such as CISSP, CISA or Security+ are desired.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations;
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
- Ability to gather information by examining records and documents and by questioning individuals.
- Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to determine proper format and procedure for assembling items of information.
- Ability to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to prepare and use charts, graphs and tables;
- Ability to prepare general reports.
- Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly and to develop ideas in logical sequence.
- Ability to supervise, including planning and assigning work according to the nature of the job to be accomplished, the capabilities of subordinates and available resources; controlling work through periodic reviews and/or evaluations; determining subordinates' training needs and providing or arranging for such training; motivating subordinates to work effectively; determining the need for disciplinary action and either recommending or initiating disciplinary action.
- 3 years of experience in working in a PCI-DSS credit card environment.
- Additional IT experience as a programmer, system administrator or network engineer preferred
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of supervision.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure and functions of the assigned agency.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIRMENTS:
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- CISSP or CISA or Security+ certification
- Five+ years of progressive experience in computing and information security, including experience with Internet technology and security issues.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRMENTS:
- CISSP or CISA certification
- Based on assignment, possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Class 3 Motor Vehicle Operator's License may be required