Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Stratacomm’s Washington D.C. office has an immediate opening for a Vice President to support clients in the energy and environmental sector. We’re seeking a proactive communications specialist who also has experience with issues management, public affairs, social media, regulatory policy and legislative affairs at the federal and/or state level.
The Vice President will be responsible for developing strategy and executing all aspects of a multi-faceted communications plan. The position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams while onsite at the headquarters office of a current Stratacomm client. The Vice President will also be expected to cultivate organic new business opportunities in the clean energy, renewable generation, and energy efficiency sectors.
Stratacomm is a strategic communications firm that helps clients raise awareness, enhance image, shape policy and build market share through high-caliber strategic counsel and high-impact tactical solutions to drive results. Stratacomm is a FleishmanHillard company, part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC), a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. For more information please visit www.stratacomm.net .
- Ten to twelve years of overall communications/public affairs experience
- Background in energy or environmental policy, understanding of these issue areas, and the ability to give strategic counsel in these areas
- Strong media relations capabilities and proven success garnering high-profile media placements
- Good knowledge of the policymaking process, regulatory landscape, political parties and the political media
- Proven ability to work independently but also collaborate effectively with diverse teams
- Excellent writing and client management skills
- In-depth understanding of social media
Communication is everything at Fleishman-Hillard. One of the leading public relations firms in the US, the company specializes in about 30...