Development Tools Team Engineer
Major Purpose of Job:
The Development Tools Team Engineer is a seasoned individual both in the areas of Operation & Infrastructure support. They are responsible for collaborating with Development and Operations groups to prioritize and coordinate activities to ensure that development needs are met for enabling effective software delivery. The DTT Engineer is responsible for coordinating tasks pertaining to their work ensuring that quality standards and practices are followed within the context of executing Development Tools initiatives.
The Development Tools team Engineer is primarily responsible for:
- The support, maintenance, upgrades & patches of 3rd party enterprise development tools assigned to them by their Manager. A current list of supported tools include the following: Enterprise Architect, Fortify, DOORS, DoorsConnect, StarTeam, JIRA, Subversion, TFS 2010, Jenkins, LoadRunner, Quality Center, QTP, PL/SQL , Confluence, TOAD, Witness, ERWin, XML SPY, Clover.
- Providing customizations for 3rd party development tools, such as JIRA, Subversion, Doors, StarTeam etcbased on Enterprise requirements or individual business and/or development areas.
- Defining & developing tools and utilities for addressing Enterprise requirements
- 3+ years of Programming Experience in any (or some of) C++, Java, C#, VB, MS SQL, scripting languages
- 2+ years of Knowledge and Hands-on experience in customizing & supporting tools such as:
- Atlassian tool suite ( JIRA, Greenhopper, Confluence), Subversion
- Quality Center
- Good communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Experience in developing software considered a plus.