Link Technologies is currently recruiting for a
Sr. Database Administrator
This is a contract position working on an exciting new project in Las Vegas, NV. Candidates interested are encouraged to apply.
The Senior Data Base Administration Specialist will provide management oversight of problems and issues pertaining to the Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and platform operating environment (e.g., Microsoft Windows) which run RDBMS'. The Senior DBA Specialist will facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency. Manage RDBMS performance monitoring and tuning:
- Closely monitor performance, identify problems and implements solutions, and ensure the database is running at optimum speed and efficiency
- Ensure that database backup/recovery environment responds quickly to refresh data, verify implementation of correct backup strategy, develop recovery procedures, and support recovery from loss of data caused by user or system error
- Oversee Installation and upgrade of RDBMS and related products:
- Keep RDBMS at current release and maintenance levels, install supporting products, and provide current, stable production and development environments.
- Reorganize database structures as needed:
- Automate procedures at regular intervals; use tools to reorganize or de-fragment database table spaces, tables, and indexes; and provide an efficient database environment to maximize productivity and improve performance
- Perform application refreshes on request: Refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff; execute necessary tasks to accomplish this, including exporting, dropping, creating, and importing prescheduled time to minimize impact; and provide to application development staff an optimal development environment with current data
- Provide assistance in database design as needed:
- Research and recommend optimal design criteria; publish standards and work with development staff; and standardize environment and improve efficiency
- Capacity planning and reporting:
- Monitor file system space, database allocation, etc.; verify efficient use of disk storage; reclaim dead space; and optimize space allocation and avoid out-of-space conditions
- Create, develop, and review the physical model created from the logical model, ensuring that the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines, and procedures recommended for all aspects of data modeling, database design, and maintenance; ensure that proper data modeling and design paradigms are applied
- Provide the appropriate tools, procedures, and facilities for creating and maintaining the entity data enterprise model
- Ensure that effective database documentation is produced, including: entity relationship diagrams data flow diagrams database normalization schemas logical to physical database mapping data table parameters
- Develop and implement all HA (high availability) RDBMS solutions. Develop and implement RDBMS consolidation plan
- Manage the implementation and use of the enterprise data dictionary
- Work closely with Senior Systems Programmers RDBMS to create database schemas and sub schemas, lead/review database designs, and estimate sizes of new databases
- Develop and oversee rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resource
- Review overall physical database structures for data integrity, performance quality, recoverability, maintenance, and space requirement considerations
- Communicate complex technical information in a concise and articulate manner
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of DBA tools and new DBMS technologies
- Serve as business liaison to database vendors
- Ensure the integrity of production test and quality assurance database environments
- Ensure that impact analyses, research products, software configuration parameters, and standards and procedures support the company's database environment needs and are adhered to by database administration staff
- Oversee application-oriented database administration and technical support for the various development, training, testing, and production requirements of relational database environments; focus on application-specific database issues to ensure optimal application performance and integrity
- Oversee development of utilities for monitoring and evaluating data quality
- Review application transaction volume and traffic analysis, and interpret impact on database and network performance
- Interact with analysts and developers for development projects to understand system requirements of conceptual models, analyze transactions and data volumes, and design the physical database Manage and develop technical project plans for new activities
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, and standards to ensure systems compliance
- Conduct logical data analysis, design, and implementation for new client production databases
- Analyze, design, implement, and recommend solutions to meet organizational needs
- Oversee database operations to ensure availability and optimal performance
- Manage backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Prepare status updates and progress reports for all database-related projects
- Other duties as directed by management.
SPECIFIC POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
please send your resume in MS Word format
and reference Job ID # 5461. We regret that we are unable to provide VISA sponsorship at this time. We look forward to working with you!
- 5 + years SQL Server DBA experience - both Administration and Development in a large corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Strong SQL Server 2005/2000 Administration including installation, service packs and hot fixes, backup / recovery, log shipping, performance tuning, etc.
- SQL Server Development experience including stored proc / trigger development, ETL (DTS/SSIS), performance tuning.
- Thorough understanding of the relational database model and solid theoretical knowledge. ability to see the big picture and conceptualize and document creative solutions.
- First-hand prior experience in designing, modeling, developing, and supporting large RDBMSs (or MDDBMSs or ODBMSs)
- Extensive experience in logical and physical database design, hands-on data modeling of relational database
Link Technologies LLC - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard