Work among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, the Department of Information Technology Services is committed to providing the information required to support patient centered care in a technologically superior environment while safeguarding data integrity, security, and accessibility. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Interface Data Conversion Analyst.
- Works collaboratively with IT Analysts, Clinical Analysts, Business Analysts, and others to understand detailed needs of end-users and configure ACIS software to support those needs.
- Uses vendor and third party provided tools to tailor the software to satisfy end-user needs.
- Creates testing plans to ensure the software performs error and bug free through all phases of testing.
- Analyzes and reviews interface specifications from the vendor and third party companies.
- Develops interfaces using engine technologies and relevant language, maintains and monitors live interfaces, and provides support and resolves problems as needed.
- Creates and maintains documentation to ensure effective interface operations and support.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology, Informatics or related field. Four years in IT application design or build experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 2 - 3 years experience in IT application and interface design, building, testing, and working with vendor-supplied software.
- XML and VB Scripting skills, third party interface engine development, and support experience is required.
- Dataflow mapping experience in a cross-platform system is a must.
- Working knowledge of HL7, X12, EDI standards, standard communiction protocols, TCP/IP, DCOM, and Object Oriented Tools.
- Experience working with a healthcare software vendor is preferred.
- JCAPS Engine, Java, and EPIC coding is a plus.
- Basic project management.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago