Our teams produce game-changing ideas and life-changing results. A career at St. Jude Medical puts you on the leading edge of medical technology, working for a company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and its passion for quality. Isn''t this the kind of change you would like in your life?
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We currently have this position open in our US Sales Division:
Senior Customer Service Representative
Using established principles of effective customer service, provides sales order and/or inventory management support to sales representatives, hospitals, clinics and physicians. Processes customer orders submitted via multiple channels, including phone, fax, Electronic Data Interchange and e-mail. Provides inventory support for products and services. Completes administrative functions to support order processing. Handles moderately complex issues. May provide general direction and guidance to Customer Service Representatives I & II.
• Associates or Bachelors degree required. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Typically a minimum of six years of experience in a customer service position of which 2 were in the medical device industry.
• At least 2 years of experience with SAP software. History of technical aptitude and ability to learn new applications and functions quickly and comfortably.
• Demonstrated history of creativity and initiative in anticipating and solving customer problems.
• History of effective de-escalation and problem-solving in conflict situations.
• General knowledge of order processing techniques and finished goods distribution process.
• Proven high level of interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to listen, resolve problems, deal with unresolved issues, delays and unexpected events.
• Must possess demonstrated keyboard and personal computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Typing proficiency of at least 45 words per minute. Good mathematical, record keeping, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail, ability to work under general supervision and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of two or more SJM product lines and their uses.
• Proven history of sharing knowledge effectively with internal co-workers and internal customers via proactive communication.
• Proven history of mentoring co-workers and training on company products, systems, and driving process improvement initiatives and leading the implementations of these changes.
Our reputation for compassionate care and medical excellence is built on the work of hundreds of committed professionals, like you.