Banner is a global leader in process and industrial automation, helping customers increase efficiency, reduce costs, ensure quality, monitor and control processes, and safeguard employees.
Banner is an industry-leader in sensing technologies in the areas of photoelectric sensors, vision sensors, wireless sensors, machine safety, e-stop devices, vision lighting, and a wide assortment of indicator lights, tower lights, stack lights, and pick to lights.
Banner is seeking a Production Supervisor for our Huron, South Dakota Manufacturing Plant. A Production Supervisor is involved in production planning, as well as the actual production stage. A significant portion of production supervision is interacting with people at all levels within and outside the organization. The supervisor must possess excellent people skills to motivate and inspire all members and levels of the production team.
• Work with manager to determine staffing requirements
• Set employee goals and objectives- develop employees to meet those objectives
• Monitor and review performance daily to ensure productivity goals are met- coach employees to improve productivity while maintaining a positive work environment -organize necessary corrective action for improvement as needed
• Ensure employees are effectively trained
• Conduct performance reviews- provide feedback to employees as needed
• Work closely with employees/ support staff to resolve customer problems
• Responsible for ensuring product meets company quality standards- maintain and improve quality levels
• Effectively communicate company and plant information with employees
• Determine and implement improvements in production process- lean and 5 S practices
• Develop and implement solutions to manage and reduce production costs
• Lead and participate Kaizen activities throughout plant
• Problem solving- employee and equipment related issues
• Encourage and promote atmosphere in which employees feel comfortable offering suggestions for improvement
• Ensure adherence to OSHA and safety regulations
• Ensure efficient and effective collaboration/communication with Production Analyst
• Open/Close facility when necessary
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and equipment
• Knowledge of business and leadership principles and practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Reasoning skills to make decisions related to safety
• Ensure that all members are treated with dignity and respect
• Work with a team to accomplish goals
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Equivalent to 2-5 years applied training in manufacturing preferred
• Knowledge and application of lean principles
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Banner Engineering designs, manufactures and distributes photo eyes, sensors and associated products for industrial and process automation...