QuarterLine provides professional health care staffing services to military hospitals and health clinics across the United States. We are currently seeking a full-time HAWC Health and Fitness Specialist at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage, Alaska.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
The HAWC Health and Fitness Specialist will generally work between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Serve as a health and fitness specialist for the Health and Wellness Center (HAWC). The range of contracted services shall cover those typically provided in a civilian Health and Wellness Facility to include, but not limited to, comprehensive health and fitness evaluations/assessments, education, training and intervention programs aimed at assisting active duty members, family members, retirees and civilian employees assigned to the installation. Health and wellness program assistance may be in the areas of fitness, nutrition, and tobacco and include associated administrative functions.
- Provides health and physical fitness evaluation and intervention programs to improve individual participant's overall health and well-being.
- Contributes to community health and fitness through programs and interventions oriented to promote health and well being for populations.
- Administers physical fitness assessments for HAWC customers to include muscular fitness testing and body fat taping as needed. Consults with the Fitness Program Manager on appropriate exercise prescription.
- Monitors assessment process and with the assistance of the HAWC Fitness Program Manager, tailors prescribed assessment techniques to maximize client efficiency, safety, and accurate assessment results.
- Organizes/Assists with all HAWC Health Promotion and functional programs.
- Assists in the collection and maintenance of a database of metrics for HAWC programs.
- Organizes/Instructs/Counsels fitness, health, and prevention classes as outlined by HAWC.
- Fields calls from beneficiaries, clinics, Squadron Commanders, First Sergeants, and others as appropriate and needed.
- Provides health/prevention information to beneficiaries.
- Within area of expertise, develops and presents briefings, classes, seminars and workshops to individuals, class participants, and groups as requested.
- Receives consultation requests from beneficiaries and establishes appointments.
- Greets and receives beneficiaries for scheduled appointments. Schedules follow-up appointments as appropriate.
- Receives, reviews, and distributes incoming correspondence to appropriate staff members.
- Advises staff members of suspense requirements. Reviews and ensures outgoing correspondence conforms to Air Force and HAWC format and policies.
- Prepares/completes appropriate forms for Record Closure Process.
- Accurate in retrieving and filing beneficiary information in preventive health IAW local guidance.
- Meets short-notice suspenses as established by the organization.
- Ensures a safe work environment and employee safe work habits IAW MTF policies.
- Demonstrates appropriate courtesies to everyone, including military customs (addressing people by rank and name).
Education. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a health-related field such as health and wellness, community health promotion, exercise science, human performance, sports medicine, fitness management or other health related program with curricula focused on the knowledge of community health promotion, physiological factors and the impact of fitness on health.
Certification. Have current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
Must possess knowledge in the following:
- Shall be proficient with Microsoft office programs of Word, Excel and Power Point. Proficiency in Access or other database tool preferred.
- Should be a role model in weight, fitness, and other healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Provides written declaration of status as non-tobacco user.
QuarterLine - 19 months ago
QuarterLine is a healthcare professional services company providing a wide range of health solutions and insights to public and private...