Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. They are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
Our employees have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
The Great West Division of the American Cancer Society, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Regional Administrative Manager in Tacoma, WA. The Regional Administrative Manager provides administrative and clerical management to the Vice President and other region staff. The Regional Administrative Manager also serves as primary support for assigned office. Additional and more specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Learns and effectively performs multiple tasks. Utilizes skills in word processing, typing, filing and record-keeping to accomplish specific project tasks.
* Effectively manages and shares information and resources.
* Ensures a consistent and efficient approach to customer service (i.e. handling the phones and walk in traffic) in all offices.
* Utilizes available technology and resources to perform position responsibilities and completes work in an efficient manner.
* Seeks out developmental and training opportunities and stays informed of developments in office operations.
* Responsible for the training of new Office Managers.
* Insures compliance with National and Division IT, Talent Strategy, and Finance policies and procedures in region and district offices.
* Serves as a resource to District Executive Directors and Vice Presidents in the selection of Office Managers.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 3-5 years of progressive administrative, clerical, and/or office management experience.
* High School diploma.
* Computer proficiency; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Lotus Notes, and Siebel.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks or projects, and work independently.
* Must be able to deal responsibly with confidential material.
* Ability to use personal computer equipment for extended periods of time.
* Occasional evening or weekend events.
ACS offers a competitive total rewards package including company sponsored retirement plans. Our employees enjoy professional growth opportunities, flexible work schedules, and a culture that supports work/life balance.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
American Cancer Society - 18 months ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...