The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Group (EG) portfolio addresses all aspects of enterprise-level Information Technology, including servers, storage and networking products. HP is very excited to be actively looking for entry level in
Sales Engineer (SE) in the following cities. .
Sales Engineer (SE)
will work on a sales team consisting of approximately 2 Regional Sales Reps ()inside sales Rep. This team is typically assigned a geographic territory and an associated quota for that territory. The SE will be responsible for all pre-sales technical activities for their territory. This includes working with partners and OEMs during the sales process.
- Provide technical pre-sales support for direct sales team and channel partners.
- Proactively seek out new sales opportunities by developing new technical relationships within accounts.
- Ensure successful customer proof-of-concepts (POC’s).
- Documentation of client feature requests and issues.
- Support key industry trade shows as required.
- Aid in the design of customer oriented Storage solutions using HP’s Storage Products
- Develop technical knowledge of HP Storage products and associated industry technologies.
§ Storage Area Networks (iSCSI, Fiber Channel or NAS)
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience in either a technical role as an SE or as an IT End-User in the enterprise environment.
- Good understanding in a subset of the following technical categories:
§ Fiber Channel experience (Brocade, Qlogic, Emulux, Cisco)
§ Operating Systems (Windows Server & Linux Server)
§ x86 Server Hardware experience
§ Local Area Networking with TCP/IP, Adaptors, Switches and Routers
§ Microsoft Exchange administration
§ Server Virtualization Solutions (VMware, Citrix, or Microsoft)
§ Desktop Virtualization Solutions (Citrix, VMware, HP…)
§ Databases (Oracle & SQL)
§ Back-up (DataDomain, DataProtector, ComVault, Veritas, Avamar, Legato…)
§ Business Continuity/High Availability/Disaster Recovery
- Good communications skills (verbal and written).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good Whiteboarding skills
- Basic sales skills.
- Proven ability to create presentations using PowerPoint and deliver using WebEx or similar delivery mechanism.
- Ability to travel overnight several times per month
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent technical training/experience.
United States-New York-Manhattan
Yes, 50 % of the Time
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like...