Reports to: Director of Contribution Department: S pecial Events
FLSA Status: Exempt ________________________________________________________________
GlobeCast, a France Telecom company, is the world’s leading provider of transmission and production services for television broadcasters, businesses and internet media programmers around the world. GlobeCast Americas is currently seeking a Special Events Project Coordinator.
The Special Events Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing projects and business relationships with assigned accounts, exceeding customer’s expectations. Additional responsibilities include assisting direct and channel sale people to close sales for domestic and international clients. This position is the resource for all technical pre-sale support for business customers, contributing to all aspects of the sales cycle and providing product requirements feedback to sales and marketing staff.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Assist sales teams in rolling out new services and in the application of existing advanced services.
- Work closely with sales to identify solutions to customers' needs, including client technical interviews and salesperson training.
- Identify revenue opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Provide product information to potential business customers; assist in producing accurate and timely presentations, quotes, responses to RFIs and RFPs, configurations, and installation plans.
- Participat e in major sales opportunities. Manage the bid process for major opportunities, including feasibility studies, bid preparation, and solution proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Lead integration of business partnerships into the sales cycle process; work cross-functionally with Engineering, Support, Billing, and sales/Marketing.
- Participate at tradeshows and conferences.
- Work to increase acceptance, adoption, and usage of company products within a client organization to create selling opportunities.
- Interface with Product Marketing and Engineering regarding customer requir ements and competitive trends.
- Provide technically correct diagrams, charts, etc. of Speakeasy technical processes.
- Produce white papers on related technologies.
- Supporting the sales organization with high profile clients/ events post sale .
- Onsite coordination and hands on support for large scale events/ productions .
- Direct liaison with Engineering and Operations for Sunrise facility .
- Hands on teleport support and coordination for live special events .
- Provide pricing and technical support to the sales organization .
- Ensure costs are accurate and finalize billing once event is completed .
- Maintain current vendor database and pricing/ rate cards .
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- 4 Year college degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in the video transmission services industry, domestic and/or international in a sales or sales support role. Knowledge of television and satellite services markets.
- Must be familiar with the connectivity needs of business customer target groups, including broadcaster/cable, BU’s, Program Origination, and enterprise.
- Ability to perform system requirements definitions and present technical product solutions.
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer-relations skills and the ability to guide prospect/client ideas into practical GlobeCast product suite solutions.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25 %.
- In addition to competitive salaries, this company offers a 401(k) plan, health insurance including dental and vision, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monster - 21 months ago