Nielsen Mobile is seeking a Field Operations Supervisor. Nielsen Mobile is a service of The Nielsen Company, the world's largest and oldest market research firm and provider of syndicated consumer research to the telecom and mobile media markets.
Nielsen Mobile Testing products provide a comprehensive measurement of the quality of wireless voice and data services from the consumer's perspective. These information products allow carriers to benchmark their service quality relative to consumer expectations and relative to the competition. Carriers use the information to prioritize network investment, support performance management programs, and analyze network performance trends. Tower operators, infrastructure providers, financial institutions and large enterprises also subscribe to Nielsen Mobile Testing products.
The Field Operations Supervisor will be responsible for market level data quality and data collection schedule adherence for a specified number of teams in the field collecting data. The role will require an RF engineering background, as well coordination and organization skills to ensure that the data being collected adheres to Nielsen's standard operating procedures.
- Manage between three to six field teams (field teams drive every day of the year, excluding weekends and holidays), including third party vendors that support the Mobile Test operation
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed
- Ensure on a daily basis that quality of data being collected meets Nielsen's high standards
- Troubleshoot equipment problems, as needed
- Ensure drive schedule is adhered to, while maintaining high quality of data collections
- Provide daily drive information to a wide range of internal and external consumers
- Strong RF knowledge and technical background. Practical field knowledge a plus
- Strong, methodical, demonstrative approach to troubleshooting
- Must be willing to work in the field for first month
- Process oriented in order to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Leadership skills
- Ability to document metrics based on performance, and use those metrics to improve the process
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, including support of field teams outside a traditional 9-5 business day
- Ability to interpret and assist in navigation with mapping software
- Experience in operations a plus
- Excruciating attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple deliverables in parallel while managing constantly changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to MS office.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information...