Software Programmer - Embedded Linux
Role: The employee is a member of a small R&D team focused on lidar technology. The team has developed the capability of improved shallow-water seafloor imaging, characterization of the water column, and classification of benthic habitat and coastal land cover. The employee will participate in designing and maintaining the next generation of bathymetric-topographic lidar system. An ideal candidate would have 2-5 years of industry work experience. Experience in electro-optical and embedded Linux systems is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Firmware design and ability to develop software for embedded systems
- Develop code in C/C++ within the Linux operating system environment
- Integration of new modules or components into embedded systems at hardware interface
- Development of custom client/server architectures utilizing TCP/IP and UDP protocols
- Proficiency with the use and maintenance of a revision control system such as Subversion
- Generation of user-friendly documentation packages for R&D and manufacturing
- Programming and knowledge of software data structures and/or object oriented programming concepts
- Comply with corporate guidelines for coding conventions, industry standards and meeting product specifications.
Required Skills & Experience
The following skills are desired in a candidate for this position:
- Experience with embedded Linux operating systems
- Experience in software/driver design in an embedded Linux environment
- Experience using the Eclipse integrated development environment(IDE)
- Hands on experience with typical electronic test equipment.
- Bachelors degree in software, computer, or electrical engineering or computer science.
The individual selected for this job should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of meeting project deadlines, and must be comfortable working in a highly diverse and multicultural environment. This job may require domestic and international travel. This job is in Kiln, Mississippi and requires permanent residency and work authorization in the US for any employer (Green card holder or US citizen).
Interested applicants may contact email@example.com .
Optech Incorporated - 19 months ago