Immigration Legal Services--Medford
0.8 FTE: 32 Hours/Week
Reports to: Supervising Attorney, Medford Office
Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services (CCILS) provides high quality immigration legal services to low income immigrants and their families, and engages in public education, training and community outreach in order to promote justice for all newcomers and conditions for their full participation in American society.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. The attorney will provide direct legal services to victims, which may include:
2. Ensure that all assigned legal services are provided in accordance with applicable State and Local regulatory requirements, Catholic Charities Board Policies, Social Service Division Policies, and the Catholic Charities Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Providing legal counseling to clients on immigration options
- Representing clients before the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in applications such as family petitions, naturalization, U and VAWA relief, employment authorization, etc.
3. Effectively represent Catholic Charities at community functions and at other events as requested or needed - presenting on immigration law and benefits available to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
4. Other duties as assigned by the Supervising Attorney.
1. JD degree from an accredited law school and admission to bar in any state.
2. Minimum one year experience practicing immigration law preferred.
3. Sensitivity to and experience with crime victims. An ability to convey concern and establish a trusting, caring relationship with clients by way of active listening and supportive communication.
4. Proven written and oral communications skills in English and Spanish.
5. Proficiency using immigration forms software; general computer skills required.
6. Must demonstrate some degree of cultural competency - possessing a working understanding of Latino cultures - specifically peoples immigrating from Mexico and Central America.
7. Experience with low-income and culturally diverse populations.
8. Experience or willingness to work with law enforcement systems and personnel.
9. Ability to work independently, as well as coordinate and communicate openly as a member of the ILS team.
10. Ability to work well under pressure.
11. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage at or above levels required by the agency.
$36,000 annual full-time equivalent ($28,800 for 0.8 FTE).
Full benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, pension plan, paid time off.
POSITION IS LOCATED IN MEDFORD, OREGON.
Please send application, resume, writing sample and cover letter:
Attn: Geoffrey Scowcroft, Esq.
2740 SE Powell Blvd., #2
Portland, OR 97202
Please see website for required job application: www.catholiccharitiesoregon.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jobdango - 3 years ago