Primary Role: Leads the development and maintenance of quality management system standards for the IT organization. Accountable for compliance with established development methodologies and IT standards. Tracks quality assurance metrics (e.g., defect counts, test status, test results). Documents issues and drives their resolution. Serves as an internal quality consultant to advise business or technical partners.
Facilitate and coordinate quality management tool use across ITS.
Develop and ensures adherence to best practices and standards.
Ensure that required maintenance is conducted in a timely manner.
Serve as the technical expert for all applications in the selected development tool suite.
Support and mentor users in tool functionality.
Policies & Procedures:
• Follow ITS policies and procedures including, Change Control, project management methodology, SOX controls.
• Drive efforts toward continuous process improvement of internal ITS processes in order to meet changing business unit conditions.
• Lead quality audits across the various ITS functions to ensure quality standards, procedures, and methodologies are being followed.
• Perform process analysis to ensure tools are utilized in a standard manner across all ITS groups.
• Make recommendations to improve these processes and drive approved improvement efforts to completion.
• Develop and drive quality strategies for all projects assigned.
• Develop, execute, and review software testing scripts concurrently for multiple complex projects.
• Record and report on defects discovered during the testing phases.
• Develop and distribute project level status reports concurrently for multiple complex projects.
• Leads test planning, writes test cases/test scripts, executes testing and automates testing as appropriate.
• Lead and provide support for user acceptance testing concurrently for multiple complex projects.
• Analyze and document business processes relevant to systems projects and improve these processes where appropriate.
• Execute change management tasks in systems projects including, communication to key user communities, providing subject matter expertise, and acquiring proper approvals.
• Coordinate software environment management from a quality assurance perspective and make sure software is deployed to the proper environments at the proper time for testing.
• Ensure appropriate requirements management [which drops of software contain which requirement solutions] and defect management [which drops of software address which defects] and report to management on these activities as needed.
• Serve as a focal point for the business and management for testing, implementation, and roll-out support to users.
• Actively participate throughout all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
Other Daily Activities:
• Make recommendations and drive process improvements for Quality Assurance and testing processes.
• Provide the ITS organization with feedback on the direction of the business based on interactions with end users during UAT.
• Provides training, guidance, and mentorship to less experienced quality analysts on a regular basis.
Education: Minimum of an Associates Degree required in a computer-related field. In lieu of computer-related degree, under-graduate degrees in other fields may be considered in conjunction with equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s Degree is highly desired
- leading, planning, developing, and maintaining automated regression test suites utilizing the SAP/HP Toolset (incl. HPQC, QTP, SAP/TAO).
- Architect a sustainable framework for automation
- Analyze user stories and existing manual tests in order to design and build automated tests within the automation framework
- Build library of reusable code.
- Assist in the creation of automated scripts to increase throughput of regression testing activities
- Create data and keyword driven automated tests enabling re-use of existing functions
- Create and maintain data sets for tests
American Water - 19 months ago
American Water Works Company, Inc. is United States water and wastewater utility company. The Company provides approximately 15.6 million...