Financial Aid Officer
Reports to : Director of Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Officer assists the Director of Financial Aid in all aspects of administering the student financial assistance programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists students in making application for all forms of student financial assistance (Federal, State, Agency, Veterans, Employer, etc.).
- Conducts entrance and exit counseling for student borrowers.
- Performs data entry and file maintenance on the Campus Vue, FAME, and NSLDS data management systems.
- Performs need analysis and financial aid packaging in Campus Vue and FAME.
- Verifies and corrects financial aid application data. Prepares Professional Judgment applications for review by the Financial Aid Director
- Maintains student files, assembles new student information and application packages and performs other clerical assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid and/or School Director/ President.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Bachelor’s degree preferre
- 1-2 years experience as a financial aid officer.
- Knowledge of Federal and State financial aid regulations with specific knowledge of Title IV.
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals.
- Detail oriented problem solver and the ability to multi-task.
- Competency in the use of a personal computer and other office equipment
- Ability to work in an environment that can be fast-paced and stressful at times
- Physical mobility throughout the facility