Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer - Regional Quality Representative-T-RCS-QA-USPI-71812
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. Bombardier ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer/Regional Quality Representative for our Pittsburgh (PA) facility.
You will ensure supplier quality for all activities performed by Rail Control Solution (RCS) North America. You will manage and coordinate all quality related activities for the quality line function for RCS North America. You will also support development and maintenance of the local management system.
In your dual role as a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer/Regional Quality Representative, you will:
- Be responsible to ensure quality and sustainability of our supplier base to meet our customer needs;
- Lead teams which are established to solve urgent problems rose up by customer or supplier non conformities;
- Deal with technical problem audits at supplier site and develop our supplier to bring them up to world class performance;
- Act as independent Regional Quality Representative in all activities related to quality in the region;
- Support maintenance of ISO 9001/IRIS and other relevant certifications for RCS NA in the context of the RCS divisional certificates;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System division-wide;
- Plan and conduct internal audits in the region;
- Plan internal audits for the region, conduct the configuration audit;
- Provide quality related services and support to other functions in the region;
- Conduct regular reviews of the Management System in line with ISO 9001:2008, clause 5.6 as well as with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001;
- Support and conduct internal audits in the region;
- Support the evolution, improvement and deployment of Bombardier Transport RCS Integrated Business Processes locally;
- Act as a Leader role for supplier quality assurance activities for the region.
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
Additional information: The incumbent of this position must be available for domestic and international traveling (25%)
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing;
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in quality assurance environment;
- A background to conduct internal audits and supplier audits at production sites;
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis for problem solving;
- An advanced knowledge of Quality Management system (ISO 9000, IRIS);
- A knowledge of Six Sigma technologies and statistical process control (asset);
- A knowledge of production technologies for Printed Circuit Board's and light mechanical and electrical assemblies;
- Experience with configuration, change and project management;
- Excellent communications skills in English, written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Job: Quality Assurance
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh
Organization: Rail Control Solutions
Employee Status: Regular
Bombardier - 9 months ago
A pioneer in the aerospace industry, Learjet Inc. builds high-performance business jets -- the limos of the sky. The company has produced mo...