Intern Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Description: Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
As a member of the Platform Mechanical Components Ingredients (PMCI) engineering team, you will be in a position to make important contributions to the design of server specific CPU mechanical components. Candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of senior engineers work on CPU thermal/mechanical solutions for various server and workstation market segments, and working with a team of mechanical, thermal and electrical engineers. Candidate must be working for a minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a BS degree in Mechnical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Experience with Pro/Engineer is required.
- Knowledge of statistical tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of computer layouts and basic architecture.
- Knowledge of basic heat transfer processes (conduction/convection).
- Ability to take direction from senior engineers to support roadmap development, as well as communicate information clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with common manufacturing & design processes such as: sheet metal, plastic injection molding, machining, die casting, cold forming, etc. is a plus.
- Familiarity with general lab testing procedures such as basic instrumentation, data acquisition, fixture design, etc.
- Ability to work with design teams.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft suite of applications, especially Excel.
Feb 6, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
As a member of the Platform Mechanical Components Ingredients (PMCI) engineering team, you will be in a position to make important contributions to the design of server specific CPU mechanical components. Candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of senior engineers work on CPU thermal/mechanical solutions for various server and workstation market segments, and working with a team of mechanical, thermal and electrical engineers.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 10 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...