United States of America-Oregon-Hillsboro
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
Think about impacting 1 out of every 2 people online--in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely Yahoo!. We do just that each and every day, and you could too. After all, it's big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now's the time to show the world what you've got. Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
Yahoo! Small Business, the leading provider of small business domain, hosting and online e-commerce services, is seeking a dynamic, talented, and seasoned customer service operations manager to support the Yahoo! Small Business support channel.
As a Merchant Development Operations Manager in the Small Business department, you will join a highly talented team of operations and Account Management representatives that are passionate about delivering the world's best e-commerce support experience.
A Merchant Development Account Manager in Yahoo! Small Business is responsible for managing a team of e-commerce account specialists. He/she will ensure that Yahoo Small Business customers receive world-class service through effective operations management and focus on the development of excellent people, processes and continual improvements in performance and productivity.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Monitoring and administering workload and work schedules to ensure departmental quality and productivity goals are met
- Monitoring team attendance and punctuality in support of department goals
- Ensuring team is consistently meeting service levels and customer satisfaction requirements in a multi-product service environment
- Supporting employee development through training, formal and informal coaching and performance appraisal
- Fostering team spirit and high employee morale
- Supporting recruiting and interviewing as appropriate
- Reviewing and refining current processes/procedures/tools; identifying new opportunities and developing new methods to improve overall efficiency and quality
- Working with other team members on implementation of new products and services, in support of overall department and company objectives
- Ensuring that the performance of the Small Business Support Department contributes to the company's goals and enhances the customer experience
- Working closely with other teams and departments within Yahoo! to facilitate effective inter-departmental communication
- Responding to and resolving escalated client issues with good judgment and emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Supporting department and company projects as required
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of direct operations management experience in a customer contact environment, successfully managing employees
- Proven experience with up-sales/cross-sales with an emphasis on Consultative soft sales
- Demonstrated success in maximizing team performance and productivity
- Outstanding interpersonal analytical and problem-resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think creatively in the development of ideas/solutions that will contribute value in a dynamic, client-centered environment
- Demonstrated success in maximizing large team performance and productivity, driving towards goals and metrics
- Strong understanding of, and experience in, successfully managing contact center environments, including supporting technologies
- Ability to work flexible hours and days, including weekends, evenings, holidays, as required
- Demonstrated superior troubleshooting skills; ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve challenging customer problems
- Intermediate knowledge of Perl, CGI, HTML, Java technologies
- Firm understanding of e-commerce principles and practices
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Strong coaching and development skills, as well as customer de-escalation skills
- Knowledge of Yahoo! Small Business products and services a plus
- Previous experience in a B2B support model
- Experience with call center operations management
- Demonstrated success working independently, and as part of a team
- Experience with consultative cross-sell and up-sell contact center environments
Undergraduate degree required.
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...