Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center seeks a part-time board-certified/eligible Family Physician to provide a full spectrum of ambulatory family medicine in a community clinic setting. Our practice is a diverse, urban community health center in North Minneapolis whose mission is: "Partnering to create a healthier community."
Hennepin County offers impressive benefits that include: a comprehensive health and wellness package, employee discounts, retirement preparation and savings plans, insurance protection programs, family benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat acute and chronic illness and disease.
- Provide preventive services for patients of all ages.
- Provide prenatal care services (non-hospital).
- Participate in NorthPoint's quality management program.
- Partner with patients and families to optimize their health and wellness.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidate must pass a drug/alcohol test and may be required to complete a background check. Candidate must pass a language assessment to qualify for bilingual duties and pay.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine with a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree AND completion of an approved internship and an approved formal adult/child residency in a medical specialty.
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine issued by State of Minnesota.
- Board certification as a family physician or eligibility to complete certification within six months of hire.
- Experience as a physician in a community health clinic or family practice environment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and/or Hmong preferred.
- Experience working with interpreters.
- Ability to:
- Respect, appreciate, and promote teamwork among diverse co-workers and patients.
- Utilize electronic health records.
- Demonstrate the employee competencies .
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to actively participate in the employment process, please email us at HR.ServiceCenter@co.hennepin.mn.us or call us at 612.348.2163.
Hennepin County provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the Human Resources Department, A-400 Government Center, Minneapolis, MN 55487, 612-348-2163.
Current open positions may be viewed at www.hennepin.jobs
Hennepin County - 18 months ago