It's an exciting time to be part of Engility!
Engility is a top defense contractor and leading provider of acquisition and engineering services, training programs, and sustainment support.
Attention Field Software Engineers, we want you!
Field Software Engineers will ensure the DCGS-A System remains functional, available, and supports unit mission readiness. Performance of Field Software Engineering duties should require a minimal level of supervision, demonstrating initiative, reliability and independent judgment. Provides field engineering support for the software updates, integration, modification, evolution, testing, knowledge management, quality assurance, and configuration management, encompassing field support for workstations, databases, networks, communications, and web-based applications.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in the utilization of various operating systems (including: MS Windows, MS Windows Server, UNIX, and Linux).
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of large computer systems, networks, and peripheral devices. Identification, isolation, and correction of Operating System (OS) failures.
- Must be capable of routine system maintenance and administrative functions including: system configuration and modifications; adding, removing and replacing hardware and software items; system startup, shut down, backup and restore; relational database administration and maintenance; and system user access control.
- Assist unit personnel with the Fielding, Installation, and Training of the DCGS-A in support of the Program Manager's delivery of the DCGS-A.
- Resolution of software-related problems and the development of alternative operational or technical approaches to mitigate problems.
- Assisting in the field installation of software, and training users in proper operation of the new or modified software and components.
- Providing assistance in operator training in support of New Equipment Training Teams (NETTs), operator training required for new software releases, and unit software sustainment training.
- Providing DCGS Software support to Army units as they participate in military exercises and operations (garrison, field and combat operations), as required.
- Provide embedded DCGS software support to Intelligence military leaders and staff whereby the DCGS systems are directly contributing to the success of intelligence operations with the unit.
- Must be capable of providing System Administration to Microsoft Windows Server's and Red Hat Linux Server Systems.
- Must be capable of providing Database Administration to Microsoft SQL Server's and Oracle Database Management Systems.
- Must be available for assignment to various CONUS/OCONUS sites for extended terms.
- Must demonstrate efficient verbal and written communication skills to produce and deliver required reports and briefing materials and effectively interact with military and customer representatives.
- Must have the ability to train others to operate information technology systems.
- Must have knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Requires deployment in support of field.
- Must have a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Must have CompTIA Security Plus certification.
- Must be able to obtain a Computing Environment or equivalent certification (Solaris, Linux, MS Windows MCSA) within 6 months after employment.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
- Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from "engineering" and "agility" and we employ great people who anticipate and move quickly to serve our customers. Engility has about 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers. At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. Our core competencies include SETA support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics and international capacity development.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25% of the time
Engility Corporation - 2 years ago
When Uncle Sam says, "I want you for the US Army," Engility Holdings strives to answer the call, and then some. A government...