Senior Events Manager
Hilton Washington & Towers
1919 Connecticut Ave, N.W.
A Senior Event Manager with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for executing written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events and the successful execution of such events in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwides ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brands reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Event Manager, you would be responsible for executing written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events and the successful execution of such events in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Execute written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events with more than 300 cumulative room nights
- Negotiate terms and pricing of vendor partner agreements and service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated with group business
- Maintain relationships among the customers, their representatives and the hotel to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
- Initiate verbal and written communication with customers and hotel departments outlining details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to, payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental, exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process
- Partner with operations departments
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Recruit, interview and train team members
At least three years of experience at a supervisor/manager level in guest contact areas of the hospitality industry. A minimum two years previous experience in catering or event planning required.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
What benefits will I receive?
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwides Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Catering and Event Services
Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and...