SONNY'S ENTERPRISES, INC. A very well established leader in the car wash industry is looking for someone to join our team as a machinist.
This is an entry level position. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience or has completed a technical school program.
The Machinist is responsible for the fabrication of aluminum, steel, and stainless steel sub-components which are supplied to the assembly, shipping, distribution and manufacturing departments. The Machinist works from engineering blueprints, work orders, work instructions and inspection plans and is responsible for first article and in-process inspections providing 100% quality assurance of product that leaves their work station. The Machinist can be assigned to any work station as required by product demand. Housekeeping, safety, organization and teamwork are essential values within the Machining department.
To maintain an efficient and effective Machining area, the Machinist shall:
1. Complete assignments complying with all productivity and quality standards
2. Follow the Lead and directive of the Machining Supervisor with regards to:
a. Job assignments- Scheduling is based on customer priorities, therefore job assignments
will vary and can include any task including work in other departments.
b. Quality standards- 100% assurance of product leaving work cell
c. Productivity and efficiency standards.
d. Maintenance of 5 Standards within the department.
3. Maintain organization of the Kanban System
4. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment, including TPM of Machinery
5. Reinforce all Sonny’s safety requirements and company policies
6. Work with management team to communicate all problems or ideas for improvement
7. Strive for World Class customer driven service. Pride in workmanship mentality
8. Support continuous improvement programs
1. Complete assignments complying with all productivity and Quality standards which include first article and in process inspection plans as well as productivity time standards. The Machinist can be assigned to any work cell or department as product demand merits.
2. Train and cross train as required to perform different job assignments. As the company continues to grow, it will be an increasing responsibility for employees to train and cross-train in order to perform more than just one job. In a dynamic work environment Employees need to be flexible, which includes performing more than just one job function. Balancing the workforce and workload depends on highly trained Employees.
3. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment, including TPM of machinery to ensure safe operation of the Machining area. The first part of this requirement is fairly straight forward. Keep the Machine Shop clean and organized. Maintaining a safe work environment is more of a challenge. Many factors, including the working condition of the machinery, are contributors to a safe area. It is the responsibility of the Machinist to identify and eliminate any safety issue within the Machine Shop.
Please submit your resume with salary requirement to:
We offer a competitive benefit package
We are also a Drug Free Workplace